runway (plural runways)
- A defined#Adjective|defined, narrow#Adjective|narrow section#Noun|section of land#Noun|land or an artificial structure#Noun|structure used for access#Noun|access.
- The usual path taken by deer or other wild animals, such as from a forest to a water#Noun|water source#Noun|source.
- A narrow#Adjective|narrow walkway (often on a platform) extending from a stage#Noun|stage on which people walk#Verb|walk, especially one used by model#Noun|models during fashion shows.
- (athletics) In javelin, long jump, and similar events: a short track#Noun|track along which athletes can accelerate themselves for their jump#Noun|jumps or throw#Noun|throws.
- (aviation) A section of land, usually paved#Adjective|paved, for airplanes to land#Verb|land on or take off from.
- (slang) Hence, the number of months that a startup company can operate on its cash reserves.
- A stream#Noun|stream bed#Noun|bed.
- (walkway extending from a stage) catwalk
- French: podium, passerelle
- German: Laufsteg
- Italian: passerella
- Portuguese: passarela
- Russian: по́диум
- Spanish: pasarela
- French: piste, piste d'atterrissage (landing strip)
- German: Start- und Landebahn, SLB, Startbahn (liftoff strip), Landebahn (landing strip)
- Italian: pista di atterraggio, pista di decollo, pista
- Portuguese: pista, pista de pouso
- Russian: взлётно-поса́дочная полоса́
- Spanish: pista, pista de aterrizaje, pista de despegue