- IPA: /sælˈveɪʃən/
- (religion) The process of being saved, the state of having been saved (from hell).
- Collective salvation is not possible without personal salvation, but the latter is achievable.
- The process of being restored or made new for the purpose of becoming saved; the process of being rid of the old poor quality conditions and becoming improved.
- (in religion) damnation
- French: salut
- German: Erlösung, Rettung
- Italian: salvezza
- Portuguese: salvação
- Russian: спасе́ние
- Spanish: salvación
salvation (salvations, present participle salvationing; past and past participle salvationed)
- (rare) To save, in the religious sense; to bring to salvation.