saucer (plural saucers)
- A small shallow dish to hold a cup and catch drips.
- An object round and gently curved (shaped like a saucer).
- The saucer-shaped object could have been a UFO.
- (obsolete) A small pan or vessel in which sauce was set on a table.
- A flat, shallow caisson for raising sunken ships.
- A shallow socket for the pivot of a capstan.
- French: soucoupe, sous-tasse
- German: Untertasse
- Italian: sottocoppa, piattino
- Portuguese: pires
- Russian: блю́дце
- Spanish: platillo
- Italian: sottovaso
saucer (saucers, present participle saucering; past and past participle saucered)