- (America) IPA: /ˈskɹu.pjə.ləs/
- Exactly and carefully conducted.
- He is scrupulous in his finances.
- 2016, John Oliver, “Special Districts”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 3, episode 4, written by Tim Carvell; Josh Gondelman; Dan Gurewitch; Jeff Maurer; Ben Silva; Will Tracy; Jill Twiss; Seena Vali; Julie Weiner, HBO, Warner Bros. Television:
- Come on! You have got to admire their dedication to the rules! These two men are so scrupulous, they would sit at a broken red traffic light for six hours in the middle of the night. “Hey, red is red! We live in a civilized society! Red is red! We stay!”
- Having scruples or compunctions.
- He is a scrupulous businessman and always acts in the best interest of his company.
- Precise; exact or strict
- meticulous, painstaking
- ethical, fair-minded, honourable, just, moral, righteous
- See also Thesaurus:meticulous
- German: sorgfältig, gründlich
- Italian: acribia, coscienzioso, accurato, meticoloso
- Portuguese: escrupuloso
- Russian: скрупулёзный
- Russian: добросовестный
- German: gewissenhaft