- IPA: /sɛpəˈɹeɪʃən/
- The act of disuniting two or more things, or the condition of being separated.
- Synonyms: detachment, disjunction, division, rupture, severance, Thesaurus:separation
- Antonyms: annexation, combination, unification, Thesaurus:junction
- The act or condition of two or more people being separated from one another.
- The act or condition of a married couple living in separate homes while remaining legally married.
- The place at which a division occurs.
- Synonyms: border, boundary, demarcation
- An interval, gap or space that separates things or people.
- Synonyms: break, interstice, Thesaurus:interspace
- An object that separates two spaces.
- Synonyms: barrier, separator
- (military) Departure from active duty, while not necessarily leaving the service entirely.
- French: séparation
- German: Trennung
- Italian: separazione
- Portuguese: separação
- Russian: разделе́ние
- Spanish: separación