- Simple past tense and past participle of serry
- Crowded together in rows.
- 1899 March, Joseph Conrad, “The Heart of Darkness”, in Blackwood’s Edinburgh Magazine, volume CLXV, number MI, New York, N.Y.: The Leonard Scott Publishing Company, […], OCLC 1042815524 ↗, part II:
- Above the bush the trees stood in serried ranks.
- 1912, Striking Textile Workers of Lawrence, Proclamation of the Striking Textile Workers of Lawrence
- They have, in the security of their sumptuous offices, behind stout mill gates and serried rows of bayonets and policemen's clubs, defied the State, city, and public.
- 1996, Janette Turner Hospital, Oyster, Virago Press, paperback edition, page 45:
- The Murris in their serried invisible ranks crowd around her.
- Russian: со́мкнутый