- IPA: /ˈsɛtɪŋ/
- present participle of set#English|set
setting (plural settings)
- The time, place and circumstance in which something (such as a story or picture) is set; context; scenario.
- The act of setting.
- the setting of the sun
- the setting, or hardening, of moist plaster of Paris
- A piece of metal in which a precious stone or gem is fixed to form a piece of jewelry.
- A level or placement that a knob or control is set to.
- the volume setting on a television
- The act of marking the position of game, as a setter does.
- Hunting with a setter.
- Something set in, or inserted.
- A piece of vocal or choral music composed for particular words (set to music).
- Schubert's setting of Goethe's poem
- Bach's setting of the Magnificat''''
- The mounting of a play, etc., for the stage.
- The direction of a current of wind.
- Russian: опра́ва
- French: réglage, configuration
- German: Einstellung
- Italian: impostazioni
- Russian: настро́йка
- Spanish: ajuste
- German: Vertonung