setup (plural setups)
- Equipment designed for a particular purpose; an apparatus.
- The laboratory included an elaborate setup for measuring the energy.
- The fashion in which something is organized or arranged.
- The classroom setup was simple and efficient.
- A situation orchestrated to frame someone; a covert effort to place the blame on somebody.
- Trust me, that was a setup!
- (computing) An installer.
- After inserting the disk, run the setup.
- (operations) The process of arranging resources for performing a specific operation, as a run of a particular product.
- A simple setup on the bottling line involves reloading bottles and labels; emptying, cleaning, and reloading the tanks; and a test run.
- (equipment) apparatus
- (the fashion in which something is organized or arranged) configuration, layout
- (situation orchestrated to frame someone) frameup, stitch-up
- set up, the adjective and verb
- French: installation
- German: Einrichtung, Vorrichtung, Gerät, Installation
- Italian: apparecchio, dispositivo
- Russian: устано́вка
- French: coup monté
- German: Inszenierung, abgekartetes Spiel, Falle
- Italian: macchinazione
- Russian: подста́ва
- German: Installationsprogramm, Installer
- Spanish: instalador
- Misspelling of set up