- (America) IPA: /ˈʃeɪkɚ/
shaker (plural shakers)
- A person or thing that shakes, or by means of which something is shaken.
- A variety of pigeon.
- One who holds railroad spikes while they are hammered.
- A musical percussion instrument filled with granular solids which produce a rhythmic sound when shaken.
- A kind of straight-sided, stackable glass for beer, soda, etc.
- Italian: chi agita, (for cocktails or drinks) shaker, ((for salt)) saliera, (for sugar) zuccheriera
- Russian: ше́йкер
shaker (plural shakers)Translations
- Portuguese: shaker
shaker (not comparable)
- Pertaining to a distinctive style of furniture developed by the Shakers, characterised by functionality and minimalist designs.