- IPA: /ˈʃɪpɪŋ/
- The transportation of goods.
- The body of ships belonging to one nation, port or industry.
- Passage or transport on a ship.
- The cost of sending an item or package via postal services.
- The shipping' is included in the quoted price.
- c. 1590–1592, William Shakespeare, “The Taming of the Shrew”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358 ↗, [Act V, scene i]:
- God send 'em good shipping.
- Portuguese: frota
- present participle of ship#English|ship