- IPA: /ˈʃuːtɪŋ/
- present participle of shoot#English|shoot
- (countable) An instance of shooting with a gun or other weapon.
- Police are hunting the people who carried out the shootings last week.
- (uncountable) The sport or activity of firing a gun or other weapon.
- I take part in shooting at the local archery club.
- A district in which people have the right to kill game with firearms.
- The act of one who, or that which, shoots.
- the shooting of rays of light
- A sensation of darting pain.
- a shooting in one's head
- French: tir, fusillade
- German: Schießen, Schießerei
- Italian: sparatoria
- Portuguese: tiroteio
- Russian: стрельба́
- Spanish: tiroteo