- (British) IPA: /ʃɔː(ɹ)ts/
- plural form of short
- Trousers worn primarily in the warm weather that do not go lower than the knees.
- Jessica hated covering her legs, so she rarely wore anything but shorts.
- (dated) Underwear bottoms.
- After a scare like that, I need to change my shorts.
- (uncountable) Remnants, clippings, trimmings of production processes.
- The part of milled grain sifted out which is next finer than the bran; pollard.
- Short, inferior hemp.
- French: short
- German: Shorts, kurze Hose
- Italian: calzoncini
- Portuguese: calção, short, calções
- Russian: шо́рты
- Spanish: pantalón corto
- third-person singular form of short