singleton (plural singletons)
- (playing cards) A playing card that is the only one of its suit in a hand, especially at bridge.
- (playing cards) A hand containing only one card of a certain suit.
- A single object, especially one of a group.
- (computing) A class that may not be instantiated more than once, i.e. that implements the singleton design pattern.
- (mathematics) A set with exactly one element.
- A child or animal that is born singly, not as a twin or other multiple birth.
- singleton preterm birth
- A person without a romantic partner.
- A person without a dissociative identity.
- (phonetics) A single consonant, as opposed to a geminated consonant.
- singleton sonorants
- Russian: элеме́нт
- German: Singleton
- Portuguese: singleton
- French: singleton
- German: einelementige Menge, Einermenge
- Italian: singoletto
- Portuguese: conjunto unitário
- Spanish: conjunto unitario