- IPA: /ˈskeɪtɪŋ/
- present participle of skate#English|skate
- The action of moving along a surface (ice or ground) using skates.
- (uncountable) The sport of moving along a surface using skates.
- (skiing, uncountable) A method of propulsion, where one moves similar to how a skater propels themselves. A technique in skiing, where a ski is planted diagonally, to push off of, and one slides forward on the ski facing straight foward, and then repeats the process with the swapping of the feet's actions.
- French: glisse, patinage
- German: Schlittschuhlaufen, Skaten, Eislaufen
- Italian: pattinaggio
- Portuguese: patinação (Brazil), patinagem (Portugal)
- Russian: ката́ние на конька́х
- Spanish: patinaje