skirmish (plural skirmishes)
- (military) A brief battle between small groups, usually part of a longer or larger battle or war.
- (figuratively, by extension) Any minor dispute.
- A type of outdoor military style game using paintball or similar weapons.
- French: escarmouche, échauffourée
- German: Scharmützel, Geplänkel
- Italian: schermaglia, scaramuccia
- Portuguese: escaramuça
- Russian: перестре́лка
- Spanish: escaramuza, (Latin America) enfrentamiento, refriega
- French: escarmouche
- German: Wortgeplänkel
- Portuguese: briguinha
- Russian: сты́чка
- Spanish: escaramuza, berrinche
skirmish (skirmishes, present participle skirmishing; past and past participle skirmished)Translations