- IPA: /ˈskaɪˌlaɪt/
skylight (plural skylights)
- (architecture) A window, dome, or opening in the roof or ceiling, to admit natural light.
- (physics) Diffuse sky radiation—solar radiation reaching the earth's surface after having been scattered from the direct solar beam by molecules or suspensoids in the atmosphere.
- (volcanology) A hole in the upper part of a lava tube, yielding a view of the lava within.
- French: fenêtre de toit, lucarne, vélux, verrière
- German: Dachluke, Dachfenster, Dachflächenfenster
- Italian: lucernario
- Portuguese: claraboia
- Russian: светово́й люк
- Spanish: tragaluz, claraboya, celaje