- IPA: /slʌdʒ/
- Solids separated from suspension in a liquid.
- A residual semi-solid material left from industrial, water treatment, or wastewater treatment processes.
- A sediment of accumulated minerals in a steam boiler.
- A mass of small pieces of ice on the surface of a body of water.
- (uncountable, music) sludge metal
- German: Abwasserschlamm
- Russian: оса́док
- Spanish: fango
- Russian: шлам
- Spanish: lodo
- Spanish: costra
sludge (sludges, present participle sludging; past and past participle sludged)
- (emergency medicine, mnemonic) An acronym used to help remember the common symptoms of certain affections of a cholinergic toxidrome: "salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, gastrointestinal upset, emesis".