- IPA: /slaɪ/
sly (comparative slyer, superlative slyest)
- Artfully cunning; secretly mischievous; wily.
- (having a positive sense) Dexterous in performing an action, so as to escape notice
- Synonyms: nimble, skillful, cautious, shrewd
- Done with, and marked by, artful and dexterous secrecy; subtle
- a sly trick
- Light or delicate; slight; thin.
- French: sournois, malin, rusé, matois
- German: schlau, gerissen, listig, verschmitzt
- Italian: furbo, sornione
- Portuguese: esperto, astuto, manhoso
- Russian: хи́трый
- Spanish: astuto, pillo, listo
- Italian: furtivo
- Russian: иску́сный
- A male given name.