- IPA: /ˈsmaɪlɪŋ/
- That smiles or has a smile.
- smiling children
- 1910, Emerson Hough, chapter I, in The Purchase Price: Or The Cause of Compromise, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, OCLC 639762314 ↗, page 0045 ↗:
- Serene, smiling, enigmatic, she faced him with no fear whatever showing in her dark eyes. The clear light of the bright autumn morning had no terrors for youth and health like hers.
- French: souriant
- The action of the verb to smile.
- Smiling takes fewer muscles than frowning.
- present participle of smile#English|smile
- They were smiling at the children.