- IPA: /snaɪd/
snide (comparative snider, superlative snidest)
- Disparaging or derisive in an insinuative way.
- Don't make snide remarks to me.
- Tricky; deceptive; false; spurious; contemptible.
- He was a snide lawyer.
- I received a shipment of snide goods.
- French: sarcastique
- German: abfällig, verächtlich, herabsetzend, spöttisch
- Italian: sarcastico, tronfio, sprezzante
- Portuguese: sarcástico
- Russian: глумли́вый
- Spanish: socarrón
- French: trompeur
- Russian: обма́нчивый
- (countable) An underhanded, tricky person given to sharp practise; a sharper; a cheat.
- (uncountable) counterfeit money