- (idiomatic) Until now; previously; yet.
- So far, nothing unusual has happened.
- How are your driving lessons? So far, pretty good.
- (idiomatic) A limited distance, literal or metaphorical.
- Don't expect a long walk. You can only go so far in that direction.
- 1915, G[eorge] A. Birmingham [pseudonym; James Owen Hannay], chapter I, in Gossamer, New York, N.Y.: George H. Doran Company, OCLC 5661828 ↗:
- As a political system democracy seems to me extraordinarily foolish, but I would not go out of my way to protest against it. My servant is, so far as I am concerned, welcome to as many votes as he can get. I would very gladly make mine over to him if I could.
- French: jusqu'à maintenant, jusqu'à présent, jusqu'alors
- German: bislang, bisher, bis jetzt
- Italian: finora
- Portuguese: até agora
- Russian: пока́ что
- Spanish: hasta ahora, hasta aquí, hasta este momento, por el momento, por ahora