- (uncountable) Sodium bicarbonate (usually baking soda).
- (uncountable) Sodium carbonate (usually washing soda).
- (uncountable) Sodium in chemical combination.
- (uncountable) Carbonated water (water impregnated with pressurised carbon dioxide, originally made with sodium bicarbonate).
- (chiefly, US, regional, especially, in the northeast, uncountable) Any carbonated (usually sweet) soft drink.
- (chiefly, US, regional, especially, in the northeast, countable) A glass, bottle or can of this drink.
- (card games) The first card in the dealing box in the game of faro, which is discarded to leave 51 cards in play.
- (drink) carbonated drink, fizzy drink, fizz (UK), (fizzy) pop (Northern US, Canada), soda pop (US), soft drink, coke (Southern US), lemonade (Australia)
- French: carbonate de soude, soude
- German: Soda
- Italian: soda, carbonato di sodio
- Portuguese: soda cáustica
- Russian: со́да
- Spanish: sosa, soda
- French: eau pétillante
- German: Sprudel, saurer Sprudel, Soda, Sprudelwasser
- Italian: soda, seltz
- Portuguese: soda
- Russian: со́довая вода́
- Spanish: soda
- French: boisson gazeuse, soda, liqueur (Canada)
- German: Limonade, Brause, süßer Sprudel
- Italian: bibita, bevanda gassata
- Portuguese: refrigerante, refri, refresco, soda
- Russian: газиро́вка
- Spanish: gaseosa, bebida, soda, (Chile), refresco (Bolivia), (Eastern Bolivia) soda agua (Guatemala), (Spain) casera, (Mexico) chesco, (Ecuador) cola, (Venezuela) fresco