- IPA: /ˈspɛʃəlɪst/
- (British) Specialised.
specialist (plural specialists)
- Someone who is an expert in, or devoted to, some specific branch of study or research.
- Synonyms: aficionado, enthusiast, connoisseur
- (medicine) A physician whose practice is limited to a particular branch of medicine or surgery.
- Hypernyms: Thesaurus:physician
- (US, military) Any of several non-commissioned ranks corresponding to that of corporal.
- An organism that is specialized for a particular environment.
- The tree Lepidothamnus laxifolius is a high alpine specialist found in high-altitude bog communities and in scrub.
- French: spécialiste
- German: Spezialist, Fachmann, Experte
- Italian: specialista
- Portuguese: especialista, expert
- Russian: специали́ст
- Spanish: especialista