- IPA: /ˈspɛsɪmɪn/
specimen (plural specimens), also specimina (extremely rare)
- An individual instance that represents a class; an example.
- early specimens of the art of Picasso
- A sample, especially one used for diagnostic analysis.
- (humorous, often preceded with “fine”) An eligible man.
- French: spécimen, exemple
- German: Exemplar, Muster
- Portuguese: espécime, exemplar
- Russian: образе́ц
- Spanish: espécimen
- French: exemple
- German: Spezimen, Probe
- Italian: campione
- Portuguese: exemplar, amostra
- Russian: препара́т
- Spanish: ejemplar
- Italian: esemplare
- Russian: экземпля́р