- Self-generated; happening without any apparent external cause.
- He made a spontaneous offer of help.
- Done by one's own free choice, or without planning.
- Proceeding from natural feeling or native tendency without external or conscious constraint
- Arising from a momentary impulse
- Controlled and directed internally; self-active; spontaneous movement characteristic of living things
- Produced without being planted or without human labor; indigenous
- a spontaneous growth of wood
- Sudden, without warning.
- (self-generated) autonomous
- (done by one's own free choice) autonomous
- (proceeding from natural feeling...) autonomous
- (sudden, without warning) abrupt, precipitous, subitaneous; see also Thesaurus:sudden
- French: spontané, volontaire
- German: spontan
- Italian: spontaneo
- Portuguese: espontâneo
- Russian: спонта́нный
- Spanish: espontáneo
- French: spontané
- French: impulsif
- French: réflexe
- French: soudain