- (America) IPA: /ˈstɑɹbɚd/
starboard (plural starboards)
- The righthand side of a ship, boat or aircraft when facing the front, or fore or bow. Starboard does not change based on the orientation of the person aboard the craft.
- (nautical) One of the two traditional watches aboard a ship standing a watch in two.
- French: tribord
- German: Steuerbord
- Italian: tribordo, dritta
- Portuguese: boreste; estibordo
- Russian: пра́вый борт
- Spanish: estribor
starboard (starboards, present participle starboarding; past and past participle starboarded)
- (nautical, transitive) To put to the right, or starboard, side of a vessel.
- to starboard the helm