stencil (plural stencils)
- A thin sheet, either perforated or using some other technique, with which a pattern may be produced upon a surface.
- A utensil that contains a perforated sheet through which ink can be forced to create a printed pattern on a surface.
- A two-ply master sheet for use with a mimeograph.
- French: pochoir
- German: Schablone
- Italian: normografo
- Portuguese: estêncil, régua vazada
- Russian: трафаре́т
- Spanish: estarcido, esténcil
stencil (stencils, present participle stencilling; past and past participle stencilled)
- (transitive, intransitive) To print with a stencil.