stormy (comparative stormier, superlative stormiest)
- Of or pertaining to storms.
- Characterized by, or proceeding from, a storm; subject to storms; agitated with strong winds and heavy rain.
- a stormy season or a stormy day''
- 2011, Phil McNulty, Euro 2012: Montenegro 2-2 England
- Fabio Capello insisted Rooney was in the right frame of mind to play in stormy Podgorica despite his father's arrest on Thursday in a probe into alleged betting irregularities, but his flash of temper - when he kicked out at Miodrag Dzudovic - suggested otherwise.
- Proceeding from violent agitation or fury.
- a stormy sound or stormy shocks
- Violent; passionate; rough.
- stormy passions
- French: orageux
- German: stürmisch
- Italian: tempestoso
- Portuguese: tempestuoso
- Russian: штормово́й
- Spanish: borrascoso, tempestuoso
- Russian: бу́рный