- IPA: /sʌbˈsɪ.di.əɹ.i/, /sʌbˈsɪ.dəɹ.i/, /sʌbˈsɪ.dʒəɹ.i/
- Auxiliary or supplemental.
- chief ruler and principal head everywhere, not suffragant and subsidiary
- They constituted a useful subsidiary testimony of another state of existence.
- Secondary or subordinate.
- a subsidiary stream
- Of, or relating to a subsidy.
- subsidiary payments to an ally
- George the Second relied on his subsidiary treaties.
- Portuguese: subsidiário
subsidiary (plural subsidiaries)
- A company owned by a parent company or a holding company, also called daughter company or sister company.
- (music) A subordinate theme.
- One who aids or supplies; an assistant.
- French: filiale
- German: Tochterunternehmen, Tochtergesellschaft, Zweigunternehmen, Zweigniederlassung
- Italian: filiale
- Portuguese: filial, subsidiária
- Russian: дочерняя компа́ния
- Spanish: filial, subsidiaria