- (British) IPA: /səkˈsɛʃ.ən/
- An act of following in sequence.
- A sequence of things in order.
- A passing of royal powers.
- A group of rocks or strata that succeed one another in chronological order.
- A race or series of descendants.
- (agriculture) Rotation, as of crops.
- A right to take possession.
- (historical) In Roman and Scots law, the taking of property by one person in place of another.
- (obsolete, rare) The person who succeeds to rank or office; a successor or heir.
- (an act of following in sequence) See Thesaurus:posteriority
- (a sequence of things in order) See Thesaurus:sequence
- German: Abfolge
- Russian: последовательность
- French: succession
- German: Thronfolge
- Italian: successione
- Portuguese: sucessão
- Russian: престолонаследие
- Spanish: sucesión