- (countable) Something suggested (with subsequent adposition being for)
- I have a small suggestion for fixing this: try lifting the left side up a bit.
- Traffic signs seem to be more of a suggestion than an order.
- (uncountable) The act of suggesting.
- Suggestion often works better than explicit demand.
- (countable, psychology) Something implied, which the mind is liable to take as fact.
- He's somehow picked up the suggestion that I like peanuts.
- The act of exercising control over a hypnotised subject by communicating some belief or impulse by means of words or gestures; the idea so suggested.
- (law, countable) information, insinuation, speculation, as opposed to a sworn testimony and evidence
- French: suggestion
- German: Vorschlag
- Italian: suggestione, suggerimento
- Portuguese: sugestão
- Russian: предложе́ние
- Spanish: sugerencia, propuesta