- (America) IPA: /ˈsʌnɹaɪz/
- The time of day when the sun appears above the eastern horizon.
- Synonyms: sunup, crack of dawn, dawn, sparrow-fart, Thesaurus:dawn
- Antonyms: sunset, Thesaurus:dusk
- Coordinate term: moonrise#English|moonrise
- I'll meet you at the docks at sunrise.
- The change in color of the sky at dawn.
- Did you see the beautiful sunrise this morning?
- (figuratively) Any great awakening.
- It was the sunrise of her spirit.
- French: lever du soleil, potron-minet
- German: Sonnenaufgang
- Italian: levar del sole, aurora, alba, primo sole, sorgere del sole
- Portuguese: nascer do sol, aurora
- Russian: восхо́д солнце
- Spanish: amanecer, salida del sol