- Food consumed before going to bed.
- Any meal eaten in the evening; dinner eaten in the evening, rather than at noon.
- (Scotland, Northern Ireland, slang) A meal from a chip shop consisting of a deep-fried food with chips.
- a fish supper; a pizza supper
- French: souper (in French of France)
- German: Nachtessen, Nachtimbiss, Abendessen
- Italian: cena, desinare, pasto serale
- Portuguese: ceia
- Russian: у́жин
- Spanish: cena
supper (suppers, present participle suppering; past and past participle suppered)
- To consume a snack before retiring.
- To eat dinner (see above).
supper (plural suppers)