- IPA: /sɪnˈtæktɪk/
- Of, related to or connected with syntax.
- The sentence “I saw he” contains a syntactic mistake.
- 2001, Martin Haspelmath, Language Typology and Language Universals: An International Handbook, page 674:
- the rules specifying how agglutinative morphemes are combined with each other are more syntactic than morphological by their nature and thus are closer to rules specifying how word-forms are combined with each other.
- Containing morphemes that are combined in the same order as they would be if they were separate words e.g. greenfinch
- (of, related to or connected with syntax) syntactical
- French: syntaxique, syntactique
- German: syntaktisch
- Italian: sintattico
- Portuguese: sintático
- Russian: синтаксический
- Spanish: sintáctico