- To retract an earlier statement
- No, you are not fat; I take it all back.
- To cause to remember some past event or time
- That tune takes me back to my childhood.
- To resume a relationship
- She has forgiven him, and taken him back.
- To regain possession of something
- The wedding is off, and he has taken back the ring.
To return something to a vendor for a refund
- Take back faulty goods to the shop where you bought them.
- French: ramener
- Portuguese: trazer de volta
- Russian: вернуть
- Portuguese: aceitar de volta
- French: reprendre
- Portuguese: pegar de volta
- French: remporter, retourner
- Portuguese: levar de volta, devolver, retornar
- Russian: возвраща́ть
- Spanish: devolver, retrovender