- boring#Adjective|Boring, monotonous, time-consuming, wearisome.
- Synonyms: Thesaurus:wearisome
- 1782, William Cowper, “The Diverting History of John Gilpin, […]”, in The Task, a Poem, in Six Books. […], London: Printed for J[oseph] Johnson; […], published 1785, OCLC 228757725 ↗, page 343 ↗:
- John Gilpin's ſpouse ſaid to her dear, / Though wedded we have been / Theſe twice ten tedious years, yet we / No holiday have ſeen.
- French: fastidieux, laborieux
- German: ermüdend, langweilig, langwierig, lästig, mühsam, nervtötend, weitschweifig
- Italian: noioso, tedioso, fastidioso, palloso, soporifero
- Portuguese: entediante, enfadonho, monótono
- Russian: ну́дный
- Spanish: tedioso, prolijo