- IPA: /ˈtɛmplɪt/, /ˈtɛmplət/, /ˈtɛmpleɪt/
template (plural templates)
- A physical object whose shape is used as a guide to make other objects.
- A generic model or pattern from which other objects are based or derived.
- (molecular biology) A macromolecule which provides a pattern for the synthesis of another molecule.
- (object-oriented) A partially defined class or function, that can be instantiated in a variety of ways depending on the instantiation arguments.
- A template is a blueprint or formula for creating a generic class or a function. “C++ Templates”, in tutorialspoint, 2016
- template cache (computing)
- French: gabarit, calibre, patron, réglette, modèle
- German: Vorlage, Schablone
- Italian: mascherina, sagoma, modello, stampo, calibro
- Portuguese: modelo, predefinição, molde, gabarito
- Russian: шабло́н
- Spanish: plantilla
- French: template
- Portuguese: template
template (templates, present participle templating; past and past participle templated)