- A writing#Noun|writing consisting of multiple glyphs, characters, symbols or sentences.
- A book, tome or other set of writings.
- (colloquial) A brief written message transmitted between mobile phones.
- Synonyms: text message
- (computing) Data which can be interpreted as human-readable text.
- cot en
- Antonyms: binary
- A verse or passage of Scripture, especially one chosen as the subject of a sermon, or in proof of a doctrine.
- (by extension) Anything chosen as the subject of an argument, literary composition, etc.
- Synonyms: topic, theme
- (printing) A style of writing in large characters; also, a kind of type used in printing.
- Synonyms: text hand
- German text
- French: texto, SMS
- German: SMS
- Italian: sms
- Portuguese: torpedo, mensagem
- Russian: сообще́ние
- Spanish: mensaje de texto
text (texts, present participle texting; past and past participle texted)
- (transitive) To send a text message to; i.e. to transmit text using the Short Message Service (SMS), or a similar service, between communications devices, particularly mobile phones.
- Synonyms: message, SMS
- Just text me when you get here.
- I'll text the address to you as soon as I find it.
- (intransitive) To send and receive text messages.
- Have you been texting all afternoon?
- (dated) To write in large characters, as in text hand.
- French: textoter
- German: simsen
- Italian: messaggiare
- Portuguese: mandar/enviar (uma) mensagem/mensagem de texto
- Russian: смснуть
- Spanish: textear, mensajear