- IPA: /θɪŋkəʊ/
thinko (plural thinkos)
- (slang) A careless mistake made in thinking.
- I must have done quite a thinko, but I don't remember leaving my keys in the refrigerator.
- 1998, K. G. Binmore, Game Theory and the Social Contract, Volume 2: Just Playing, page 34 ↗,
- We need to face the fact that thinkos are likely to be much more important, even though such a source of noise is much harder to model.
- 2006, Kristen B. Donohue, Misused Words and Other Witing Gaffes: A Manager's Primer, Harvard Business School, Written Communications that Inform and Influence, page 164 ↗,
- Spell-checkers can help with simple types such as misspeIIings and repeated words, but they are little defense against the equally common "thinkos," such as the inconvenience/incontinence example above. Your only defense against thinkos is a careful read.
- (mistake) blooper, blunder, boo-boo, brain fart, defect, error, fault, faux pas, fluff, gaffe, lapse, mistake, slip, stumble
- See also Thesaurus:error