today (not comparable)
- On the current day or date.
- I want this done today.
- Today, my brother went to the shops.
- In the current era; nowadays.
- In the 1500s, people had to do things by hand, but today we have electric can openers.
- French: de nos jours, actuellement
- German: heutzutage
- Italian: oggi, oggigiorno, attualmente
- Portuguese: hoje, hoje em dia, atualmente
- Russian: сего́дня
- Spanish: hoy, hoy en día, hoy día, actualmente
today (plural todays)
- A current day or date.
- Synonyms: current day, this day
- Today is the day we'll fix this once and for all.
- (US, meteorology) From 6am to 6pm on the current day.