- IPA: /ˈtʌtʃi/
touchy (comparative touchier, superlative touchiest)
- (of a situation) Extremely sensitive or volatile; easily disturbed to the point of becoming unstable; requiring caution or tactfulness.
- It is an extremely touchy situation, with everybody's patience wearing thin.
- (of a person) Easily offended; oversensitive; ticklish.
- He can be very touchy when you talk about his cat, so be as tactful as possible.
- French: susceptible
- German: gereizt, reizbar, übelnehmerisch, empfindlich, (colloquial) zickig
- Italian: permaloso, facilmente irritabile, suscettibile
- Russian: оби́дчивый
- Spanish: quisquilloso, picajoso, picajón