- IPA: /ˈtɹænsəm/
transom (plural transoms)
- A crosspiece over a door; a lintel.
- A horizontal dividing bar in a window.
- A transom window.
- (nautical) Any of several transverse structural members in a ship, especially at the stern; a thwart.
- (nautical) The flat or nearly flat stern of a boat or ship.
- The horizontal beam on a cross or gallows.
- (figuratively, usually attributively) Items that have arrived over the transom.
- We are overwhelmed with transom resumes.
- They only met the deadline by working most of the night and making a transom filing.
- German: Kämpfer, waagerechte Leiste
- German: Heckbalken
- Italian: arcaccia
- German: Spiegel, Heckspiegel
- Russian: тра́нец
- German: Querbalken, Querholz, Querstück, Riegel