turning (plural turnings)
- (British) A turn or deviation from a straight course.
- Take the second turning on the left.
- (field hockey) At hockey, a foul committed by a player attempting to hit the ball who interposes their body between the ball and an opposing player trying to do the same.
The shaping of wood or metal on a lathe.
- The act of turning.
- (plural only) Shavings produced by turning something on a lathe.
- The turnings get into your trouser turnups!
- (shavings) swarf
- Spanish: bocacalle (into a street)
- present participle of turn#English|turn
- The Earth is turning about its axis as we speak.
- He made wooden soldiers by turning them on a hand lathe.