turnstile (plural turnstiles)
- A rotating mechanical device that controls and counts passage between public areas, especially one that only allows passage after a charge has been paid.
- A similar device in a footpath to allow people through one at a time while preventing the passage of cattle.
- (mathematics, logic) The \vdash symbol used to represent logical entailment (deducibility relation), especially of the syntactic type; i.e., syntactic consequence. (Such symbol can be read as "prove(s)" or "give(s)". )
- (mathematics) double turnstile
- French: tourniquet
- German: Drehkreuz
- Italian: tornello
- Portuguese: roleta, catraca, borboleta, torniquete
- Russian: турнике́т
- Spanish: molinete, torniquete