- IPA: /ˈʌltɪmətli/
ultimately (not comparable)
- ngd Indicating the last item.
- Synonyms: at last, finally, in the end, Thesaurus:lastly
- Firstly,… Secondly,… Ultimately,…
- ngd Indicating the most important action.
- Synonyms: at the end of the day, when all is said and done, Thesaurus:fundamentally
- Ultimately, he will have to make a decision before the end of the week.
- (linguistics) Used to indicate the etymon at which a given etymological derivation terminates.
- Synonyms: terminal etymon
- Cognate to Gottscheerish boßər, bàsser. Ultimately cognate to standard High German Wasser.
- Shortened from maxiature, ultimately from Latin maximus ("large").
- Ultimately from Latin equus ("horse").
- German: schließlich
- Italian: infine, per ultimo, per ultima cosa, in fin dei conti
- Portuguese: finalmente
- Russian: в конце́ концо́в
- Spanish: finalmente, por último
- German: letztendlich
- Italian: alla fine, per ultimo, in definitiva
- Russian: в коне́чном счёте
- German: kürzlich
- Portuguese: ultimamente
- Russian: неда́вно