- secret; clandestine
- (by extension) dishonest and sneaky; done in a secret or sly manner
- (in various ball games, of a ball) thrown (etc.) with the hand brought forward and up from below
- French: sournois
- German: hinterhältig, heimlich
- Italian: subdolo, sfuggente, viscido
- Russian: вороватый
- Spanish: solapado, (please verify) bajuno
- with an underhand movement
- in a sly, sneaky or secret manner
- (in a secret manner) underhandedly
underhand (underhands, present participle underhanding; past and past participle underhanded)
- To toss or lob with an underhand movement.
- To trick, deceive or gull.
- (mining) To excavate downward in successive steps or horizontal slices while positioned above on unbroken ore.
underhand (plural underhands)
- (textiles) The lower of two hands, the hand under the work.
- Your underhand should be entirely under the quilt.