- Of a person: lack#Verb|lacking reverence for God; of an action: not in accordance with God's will#Noun|will or religious teaching#Noun|teachings.
- Synonyms: impious, irreligious, irreverent
- Antonyms: godly, observant, pious, reverent
- Immoral, sinful, or wicked#Adjective|wicked.
- Synonyms: Thesaurus:evil, Thesaurus:immoral
- Antonyms: Thesaurus:virtuous
- People often turn to ungodly ideas as an emotional response to trauma.
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), imprinted at London: By Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981 ↗, Psalms 1:5–6 ↗:
- Therefore the vngodly shall not stand in the iudgement, nor sinners in the Congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the vngodly shall perish.
- (informal) Extreme; unreasonable.
- Synonyms: dreadful, indecent, outrageous
- We had to start our journey at an ungodly hour.
- French: indécent