- IPA: /juːˈniːk/
- (uncomparable) Being the only one of its kind; unequaled, unparalleled or unmatched.
- Every person has a unique life, therefore every person has a unique journey. ― Gary Cook
- Synonyms: one of a kind, sui generis, singular
- Of a feature, such that only one holder has it.
- Particular, characteristic.
- (proscribed) Of a rare quality, unusual.
- French: unique
- German: einzigartig, unikal, einzig
- Italian: unico, unica
- Portuguese: único, única
- Russian: уника́льный
- Spanish: único, única, señero
unique (plural uniques)
- A thing without a like; something unequalled or unparallelled.
- The phoenix, the unique of birds.