- Unique, such that it cannot be mistaken for something else.
- Antonyms: mistakable
- 1895, H. G. Wells, The Time Machine Chapter X
- Now, I still think that for this box of matches to have escaped the wear of time for immemorial years was a strange, and for me, a most fortunate thing. Yet oddly enough I found here a far more unlikely substance, and that was camphor. I found it in a sealed jar, that, by chance, I supposed had been really hermetically sealed. I fancied at first the stuff was paraffin wax, and smashed the jar accordingly. But the odor of camphor was unmistakable.
- German: unverwechselbar, unverkennbar, unüberhörbar
- Italian: inconfondibile
- Portuguese: inconfundível
- Spanish: inconfundible