- (not comparable) Not used.
- I have two unused vouchers for a free meal.
- Synonyms: mint, new, pristine, virgin
- Antonyms: used, old, preloved, pre-owned, secondhand
- Not accustomed (to), unfamiliar with.
- I am unused to the dark nights of the countryside.
- 1985, John Irving, The Cider House Rules: A Novel, New York, N.Y.: William Morrow and Company, ISBN 978-0-688-03036-0; republished as The Cider House Rules, London: Black Swan, 1986, ISBN 978-0-552-99204-6, page 237:
- Oh shut up, Wally, Candy was thinking, although she understood why he couldn't stop babbling. He was unused to an environment he couldn't instantly brighten; he was unused to a place so despairing that it insisted on silence. He was unused to absorbing a shock, to simply taking it in. Wally's talk-a-mile style was a good-hearted effort; he believed in improving the world – he had to fix everything, to make everything better.
- Synonyms: unacquainted (with), unfamiliar with
- Antonyms: acquainted (with), familiar (with)
- French: inutilisé
- German: unbenutzt, ungebraucht
- Portuguese: não usado/utilizado
- Russian: неиспо́льзованный
- Spanish: no usado/utilizado, sin usar/utilizar, sin uso
- French: inaccoutumé
- German: nicht gewöhnt
- Portuguese: desacostumado
- Russian: непривы́кший